<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.avecamourblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Avec Amour : Weekend Update

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend Update

I had a fab weekend. Despite the sickness i developed throughout the week, leaving me with an awful sore throat, i managed to get to see some of my favorite people.

Jonathan, Lindsey, and Emery Frazier. You've heard about them before in Hurrication III and the Top 5 Gifts that Give Back. Or you might have seen some of Jonathan's work.

And now i want to brag on them.

Jonathan and Lindsey are very good friends of mine. Jonathan was one of my best friends in college, and even after he moved to Nashville, we managed to stay very good friends. Once he met Lindsey, she and i became just as good of friends (and my roomie for a summer!).
Circa Fall 2006.
Circa... this afternoon 2011.
So naturally, once they got married and had a baby.... she would be the love of my life. Meet Emery Jayne.
Very hard to be cuter than this little love!!!!
Don't tempt me to post 100 pictures, because i will.

I haven't seen the Frazier's in over a year - quite the amount of time apart. So when i heard they'd be staying in North Redington Beach, FL (a short 2 hour drive away!) i knew a road trip was in order!

In the past 14 months, things have changed - Emery now walks, talks, and says "no" a lot. She doesn't want to let me hold her for hours at a time anymore which is sad for me, but exciting that she's such a bright happy little girl who just wants to explore and play all the time. she is so cute and so much fun! and i'm just completely obsessed with her.

But i was so happy to get even 24 hours with this fantastic couple. They have both come so far in their lives: personally, spiritually, as a couple, and in so many other ways, and i am greatly inspired by them as people. They've always been fantastic friends to me and supported me through a lot of seasons in life.

It is so refreshing to hear what they are doing in life. They have never settled for the norm or what people think you're "supposed to do" at this age. Neither of them are interested in ordinary lives, or ordinary relationships with Christ. They individually and collectively (as a couple) have amazing stories, and i hope one day you get to hear them. They are both very honest and both very transparent. I can't think of any other way to explain them except refreshing,

Lindsey might actually be the most thoughtful person i've ever met in my life. She is constantly thinking of others. And i mean constantly. I don't think she used the word "I" all weekend unless she was saying something she'd done or prayed for someone else.

And Jonathan, my FTC (full time creative) dreamer. Always reaching above and beyond what people tell him he can do, and i just love that he takes dreams and makes them reality. It's so great. Did i mention that he and one other guy Saved Blue Like Jazz with a dream from his garage? 

Yup, that's the Fraziers.

Needless to say, it was a great weekend. And i'm so thankful for being able to see my amazing friends. They're the kind of friends you feel like you only saw last week... and that's the best.

We didn't do anything crazy, but it wast just great for some quality time; Hung out with their families, played some cards, played with Emery, got some sun, and naturally, got some coffee.... some Bad Ass Coffee. Literally. I had to include this.

One for the collection - i couldn't resist.
The coffee was good. But i have to say - this completely blew me away. Iced Coffee.... with coffee ice cubes. Melting ice no longer ruins your flavor?!?!?!

Gotta see it to believe it!
I would love to say that i'd make this the new thing at the CB@B.... but we just don't have a big enough freezer. So maybe one day ;)

Hoping your weekend was just as fab! Here's to a great week xoxo

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home