<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.avecamourblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Avec Amour : Americana Inspired Vacations for the 4th of July (or anytime)

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Americana Inspired Vacations for the 4th of July (or anytime)

I LOVE the 4th of July - it reminds me of being a kid :) Sparklers on the beach in my american flag bathing suit.... those were the days. There's also something whimsical about places that are "quintessentially American". These are typically old money/preppy towns (like Martha's Vineyard and Cape Cod), but I think there are more options than you might think.

In honor of America's 238th birthday, let's take it back to the 13 original Colonies. Here are some gorgeous places on the East Coast that I LOVE visiting or am DYING to visit! There are so many amazing places you can go to and you don't even need a passport and just scream 'MERICA (in a the best way possible).

Grab your pullover & loafers, and let's see this country.

Maine
New England's crown jewel is #1 on my list right now. I've never been to most of the NE states, but I'd really like to. I want to eat lobster in my nautical sweaters and search for lighthouses. Maybe stay IN a lighthouse? A girl can dream :)

I saw this spread in Condé Nast Traveler and it just reminded me why I want to go there.


Finger Lakes, NY
My mom is from Upstate New York. I've always wondered why Upstate New York was used as a phrase for the 99% of the state that isn't MANHATTAN. New York State is huge! With that being said, I've been to the Buffalo/Niagara area a few times, but nowhere else "Upstate". I recently went to Ithaca, NY for a scouting trip and have fallen in love! There are a few long lakes called the Finger Lakes, and the area is crawling with charming farm towns, wineries, and creameries (hello, wine & cheese heaven!)... not to mention that Ithaca is the home to Cornell University, arguably one of the most beautiful college campus I've ever seen. And there's a WATERFALL a half mile from campus. Get yourself a B&B and go wine tasting for the weekend.

Waterfront restaurant in Ithaca

                             one of the many waterfalls                            Downtown Ithaca, crawling with cute cafe's

Savannah, GA
I'd dreamed of going to Savannah for years, and finally made my way there a couple of years ago. It's extremely charming, full of history, and beautiful as could be. There are ghost tours (my favorite) to accompany the extensive history, dozens of cute restaurants and shops line the cobble stone streets, and plenty to do no matter what your travel style is. I can't wait to go back, and eat here.




I'll be celebrating the 4th in good ole' Tennessee this year, followed by a month on my favorite beach (working holiday, if you will). I can't wait! Where are you celebrating America's Birthday?

Have you ever been to these places? Would you go back? Where else is on your list of Americana Quaint towns?






Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home