<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.avecamourblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Avec Amour : Travel Makeup

Friday, January 9, 2015

Travel Makeup

I don't wear a ton of makeup, but I definitely need something to even out my complexion and make my eyes look OPEN, so strangers don't ask if I'm tired or have recently been crying ;)

My makeup bag isn't large, but it was bigger than I was willing to carry around in my 45L backpack on our trip to Italy. So I started making some swaps on my toiletries & worked my way through my makeup bag. Here are some hacks cut my makeup bag by almost 75% in volume.
1 - Travel Brushes
I use this set at home and away, but I know that brushes can take up a lot of space. I used a large brush for bronzer, and finally swapped for this mini one. It works just the same & takes up so little space.

2 - Ditch Your Bulky Eyelash Curler
I couldn't bear to leave my eyelash curler at home, so I was thrilled when I found this compact, flat eyelash curler! And to be honest, I like it more than the traditional style! I was lucky to snag it on sale for $7 at Sephora, so keep your eye out for discounts & promotions.

3- Double Duty Products
I found this concealer/brightener combo this weekend and was so thrilled! It lays super flat and packs a serious punch. I also have this duo that could be used as bronzer & highlighter, but I use it for 2 shades of eyeshadow and it works like a charm. 

4 - Sample Size 
Samples from Sephora, Ulta, travel size bonus packs, Birchbox & the like can change everything. My 1.5oz Stila CC Creme is pretty bulky compared to the 0.17oz (about 1/10th of the size), and my Benefit "They're Real!" mascara at 0.1oz is way smaller than the full size 0.3oz. This might seem silly, but it makes a huge difference! If you can't get a sample size of an essential, like foundation, make your own using small travel tubs (the little circle pods that come in your toiletries bag).
Note: The sample size of BB/CC creme lasted me over 3 weeks, some days applying twice. Same with the mascara. It would last for at least a month, I'm sure of it!

5 - Leave the Perfume at Home
Not completely! Just swap a body spray or bottle of perfume for a rollerball! This is the size of a pen, and a tiny amount goes a long way! I keep mine in my purse at all times, and it's lasted me over two years. Find your favorite fragrance here.

If you find yourself going away for longer than a few days, this will be even more helpful, as you'll need other essentials the longer you're gone. A miniaturized make up set will make your bag lighter & your trip easier!

Do you have any travel make up hacks?
xo


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home