<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.avecamourblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Avec Amour : Capsule Wardrobe for Every Season

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Capsule Wardrobe for Every Season

I'm always on a mission to pack less. Carrying on is a way of life and I can't recommend it enough!

What I've realized is having a basic selection of clothes for every season is the perfect building block for packing. With these capsule wardrobes, I start with these basics - then add or take away as needed. Add a more formal dress, or slightly lighter or heavier clothing depending on the location. It works pretty well! Here's my basic capsule for every season.

Spring Capsule Wardrobe
Spring can be a tricky time - warm days, cool nights... you  need a little bit of everything. Here's how you can have plenty to get you by without bringing your entire closet. This little 8 piece packing list gives you over 10 outfits with almost no effort. Also, pick a few lighter colors as a reward for getting through winter :)

POWER PLAYERS FOR SPRING
- Lightweight tops that can be layered with cardigans or a chambray.
- Dresses... because it's spring! I always bring tights because you  never know how breezy it will be.
- A lightweight scarf. A key ingredient in ANY weather.
- A pair of closed toed flats for chilly days, and sandals when the sun is shining.

Other Spring packing lists:
Charleston

summer capsule wardrobe
Summer is HOT. You'll never ever see me in jeans unless I'm at the north pole. Moving from spring, I ditch the jeans for shorts and a skirt, add a dress and swap to tank tops.

POWER PLAYERS FOR SUMMER
- A black sundress can be dressed up or down, and can cover you from the beach to dinner.
- Maxi dress. Once again, can be good for a day date, bridal shower, dinner, or attending a wedding. Plus you can wear it again on the flight to stay warm.
- The chambray will take care of any breeze or shade, or more likely, cold restaurants.
- Tank tops go with your shorts, skirt and can be layered over the black dress! Seriously, don't ever forget the black dress!

Other Summer Packing lists:
Cruise Outfit Guide // Cruise for Women // Cruise for Men // Seattle // Vegas // Florida 

autumn capsule wardrobe
Fall is always a favorite. After sweating all Summer I'm ready for some layers. Like Spring, layers are key.

POWER PLAYERS FOR FALL
- Lightweight sweater. My black & grey sweater is a fall favorite because it's lightweight but still warm. I can add a tank top or jacket and be good to go.
- Wool dress. Add tights and you've got a cute evening outfit. It's also nice to mix it up from jeans.
- Fingerless tights. I love these things! They keep air from sneaking up your arms but aren't so hot that you can't breath.
- Medium weight scarves add the perfect layer of warmth on a chilly night or overcast day. Then your medium weight jacket can take care of every occasion.

Other Fall packing lists:
Italy // Chicago // Seattle 

Winter Capsule Wardrobe
Winter... I almost don't even want to talk about you since you're almost over. BLAH! The only redeeming quality about winter to me is cute sweaters and blanket scarves.

POWER PLAYERS FOR WINTER
- Merino wool sweater. It's the thinnest, warmest sweater you can invest in. They have them everywhere from TJ Maxx to Target to J.Crew & beyond - get one. I have one in a neutral tan so it goes with everything!
- Layerable clothing. You will wear at least two tops every single day, so make sure they can layer over each other and all match.
- Blanket scarf! I love mine. I use it as a blanket on the plane, wrap myself in it when I'm freezing, and have even used it as an extra blanket in a cold hotel. Get one.
- Thermal & fleece. While these aren't attractive, they are warm. They are worth a little extra bulk in your suitcase so you don't freeze.

Other Winter packing lists:
Sub Zero Temps // Hot & Cold Weather (in one bag) 
General Packing Tips
Mix & Match // Packing Math 

You can DO THIS! This weekend Matt & I shared a carry on suitcase. If I can do it, you can too. What essentials are in your capsule wardrobes?
xo

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home