<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.avecamourblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Avec Amour : London Recap

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

London Recap

If you didn't know this about me, I lived in London for 6 months after I graduated from college. I worked at Quiksilver, I lived in the tiniest room ever (which I shared), and I loved every poverty stricken minute :)

I had studied abroad the year before and fell in love with this amazing city. For many years I visited as often as I could, but after moving to Nashville and finally taking the time to explore other places, it turns out I haven't been since 2011 - which is insane! Finally, I was able to take Matt to the city that meant so much to me.

Anyway, we had a great time! It was rainy and grey, but isn't that part of its charm? ;)

Greenwich

Trafalgar Square/National Gallery

Regent's Park

Westminster Abbey

Big Ben/Parliment

The London Eye

We did a lot of fun stuff! I took Matt to all my old haunts, showed him where I worked and lived, and of course we just wandered and wandered. Here are a few highlights from the trip:

Southbank Christmas Market
If you're visiting London anytime in late November through the New Year, you're in luck because the city is DECKED OUT in true holiday fashion. The Southbank Centre is probably my favorite because it has everything festive you could ask for - mulled wine, string lights, fire pits, tons of evergreens, and cute little stalls to buy food & drink from. There was even a pop up skating rink! More info here.




Even if it's not Christmas, the South Bank is worth your time. The Thames Path or the "Queens Walk" has always been a favorite of mine when I visit (and lived there). For the most bang for your buck, start at the London Eye and walk East until you hit the Millennium Bridge (Tate Modern Museum and walks across to St Paul's Cathediral), or if you're feeling really up for it, go all the way to the Tower Bridge/Tower of London. There's nothing quite like it.

Emirates Air Line Cable Car
This was new since I last visited, and it was fun/terrifying :) I don't like hights, but I do like amazing views! Unfortunately it was quite misty the morning we went, but even if it was a little sunny, the views would have been amazing! This cable car takes you across the Thames just like a ski lift but over the city. You can use your Oyster card which is awesome. More info here


Greenwich/Prime Meridian
Something I'd never done all the times I've been in London is go down to Greenwich to see where the Prime Meridian is. If you like history at all, do this! Even if you just like adorable English towns, do this. Greenwich is what you *imagine* London would have looked like 100 years ago. It's still part of the Greater London Area, so it's only about 25 min on the Tube to get there. More info here.




We did a lot but those were some of my highlights! Other highlights included seeing old friends, wandering the pretty Christmas decorated streets, and visiting the markets!

















I miss it so much already! It's my favorite city in the world! More details on London coming later :)
xo

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home